Just in time for barbecue season, this Jalapeño Popper Macaroni Salad Recipe makes a fantastic side dish! Your favorite pasta salad made with cheddar, bacon and roasted jalapeños for a fun twist.
This post is sponsored by BIC Graphic.
MACARONI SALAD RECIPE
Say hello to the warm summer months! It’s time for hikes, picnics, park playdates and lake trips. This Jalapeño Popper Macaroni Salad Recipe is great for any occasion and it packs up nicely.
I made this Jalapeño Popper Macaroni Salad for a picnic lunch. It is a creamy macaroni salad with the addition of cheddar cheese, roasted jalapeños and bacon.
MAC SALAD STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 3-4 days.
MORE PASTA SALAD RECIPES:
- 5 Large Jalapeños, (tops, seeds and veins removed)
- Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Dry Elbow Macaroni, (cooked according to package instructions)
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese, (softened and cubed)
- 6-8 ounces Bacon, (cooked and chopped)
- 4 ounces Mild Cheddar Cheese, (cut into small cubes)
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Ground Pepper, (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Toss jalapeños with just enough olive oil to lightly coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast jalapeños on a rimmed baking sheet for 10 minutes. Let cool then chop.
- Mix cooked macaroni and cream cheese while pasta is still slightly warm. Let cool then add bacon, cheddar, mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and jalapeños.
- Store in refrigerator in airtight container until served.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1358Total Fat 103gSaturated Fat 35gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 62gCholesterol 264mgSodium 4150mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 85g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.