This Asparagus and Prosciutto Puff Pastry is perfect as an appetizer or meal! A simple recipe with flavorful ingredients. Golden puff pastry topped with fresh asparagus, cheese, prosciutto and a drizzle of honey mustard sauce!
Isn’t it the best when a recipe is super simple but still tastes absolutely amazing!?!?
This recipe is just that . . . Easy. Flavorful. Delicious. Satisfying.
I have been going through a ton of prosciutto lately. My daughter is obsessed with it!
And who doesn’t love flaky puff pastry baked to golden perfection? Add asparagus as the veggie for good measure. Cheese . . . Always. And honey dijon sauce for a pop of flavor!
Wham! Bam! That Is Good Food Right There, People.
This is a great appetizer for parties or family holiday feasts.
Or hey . . . this Asparagus & Prosciutto Puff Pastry, a glass of wine and a cozy couch. That sounds pretty darn good too!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry - thawed
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1/2 Cup Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Lb Asparagus - cleaned and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lay puff pastry flat on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick.
- Fold edges 1/2 inch inward and press down gently with fork to secure. Puncture inside of puff pastry square several times with fork.
- Layer 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Arrange asparagus evenly on top of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese over asparagus.
- Mix egg and water. Brush edges of puff pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Use a paper towel to blot any liquid released from asparagus.
- Top with thinly sliced prosciutto and drizzle honey mustard sauce.
- Mix ingredients together until incorporated.
Best if served immediately.