This Mushroom Spinach Frittata Recipe is perfect for a weekend brunch, a healthy breakfast or for a meatless Monday dinner idea. Frittatas are quick, easy, nutritious, low carb and keto friendly. This frittata is also gluten free, grain free and vegetarian.
Mushroom Spinach Frittata Recipe – Vegetarian, Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free
Frittatas are basically like making an omelet without having to precariously flip eggs while trying to keep all the stuffed ingredients inside. So basically a stress-free omelet without the cuss words coming from the kitchen. At least that’s how it goes at my house 😆
How Do You Make A Frittata In A Cast Iron Skillet
Step 1: Sauté mushrooms and spinach, set aside. Mix eggs and cheese then add to pan. Return mushrooms and spinach. Cook 3-4 minutes.
Step 2: Top with additional cheese. Bake at 400ºF for 5 minutes then broil on high for 2 minutes. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
What’s the Difference Between a Frittata and a Quiche
Frittatas are made with eggs and whatever veggies or cheeses you want to add. Some recipes call for milk, this recipe does not. Quiches are made with heavy cream and have more of a custard texture. There is also a pie crust involved in making quiche, unless you go for a crustless quiche option.
So, frittatas don’t have heavy cream or a crust.
Ingredients Needed To Make This Frittata:
- Avocado Oil
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Baby Spinach
- Large Eggs
- Shredded Cheese
More Easy Breakfast Skillet Ideas:
If you want a Keto Friendly Breakfast for a sweet tooth, try these Low Carb Pancakes.
- 4 Tablespoons Avocado Oil, (divided)
- 12 ounces Cremini Mushrooms, (sliced)
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach, (packed)
- 6 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheese Blend (mozzarella, monterey jack, cheddar), - divided
- Pinch Salt/Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Heat 3 Tbs oil in 10 inch cast iron (or oven safe) skillet over medium/high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté until almost tender. Add the baby spinach and sauté 1 more minute. Remove mushrooms and spinach from pan, set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
- Mix eggs, 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Add 1 Tbs oil to pan, coating the bottom and sides. Pour egg mixture into pan. Add the mushrooms and spinach on top of eggs in an even layer. Cook on the stovetop for 3-4 minutes or until sides begin to set.
- Top with remaining cheese then transfer to oven. Bake 4-5 minutes or until middle is almost set. Then broil on high for 2 minutes until top is light golden brown.
- Remove from oven (don't forget your oven mitt!) Allow frittata to cool 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and salt/pepper to taste.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 235Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 204mgSodium 158mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 12g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to purchase. . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support! Nutrition information on this recipe is approximate.32