Make these Ham & Cheese Hawaiian Roll Sliders to feed your hungry crowd for dinner, parties, game-day and holidays. Perfectly baked soft rolls filled with ham and cheese then slathered with a honey dijon poppyseed topping.
HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS
These Hawaiian roll sliders are great for feeding a lot of people or to use up leftover holiday ham. A super simple recipe of layered ham and cheese on sweet Hawaiian rolls. The honey dijon poppy seed topping adds a burst of extra flavor to an already tasty sandwich.
- Use your preferred melty cheese. Havarti, provolone or mozzarella work fantastic.
- Use deli ham or thin sliced leftover holiday ham.
- Mayo can be omitted or use brown mustard for a tangy alternative.
- Adjust the topping ingredients to fit your tastes.
CAN YOU MAKE HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS THE NIGHT BEFORE?
Yes, these sliders can be prepped the day before serving. Prepare the sliders without brushing on the topping, cover and refrigerate. Before serving mix topping ingredients, brush on top of sliders and bake according to instructions.
STORAGE AND REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, wrap tightly in tin foil. Bake at 350ºF for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and sliders are heated through.
MORE GAME-DAY HOLIDAY SLIDERS:
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SLIDERS:
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise*
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 pound deli ham, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Slice Hawaiian sweet rolls lengthwise leaving rolls connected at the sides.
- Spread mayonnaise in a layer on the bottom rolls.
- Layer Swiss cheese over the mayonnaise then layer the ham over the Swiss cheese.
- Place the roll tops onto the rolls and place sliders into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix butter, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, poppy seeds, onion powder, brown sugar, and honey until smooth.
- Brush butter mixture over the rolls making sure to cover each one. Pour any leftover butter mixture over the rolls.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 15 minutes or until sliders are warmed throughout and cheese is melted. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes or until the tops of the rolls are browned.
- Cut sliders and serve warm.
*Mayo can be omitted or use brown mustard for a tangy alternative.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 540Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 90mgSodium 1693mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 29g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.