Make this Easy Stuffing Recipe for a flavorful Thanksgiving or Christmas side dish. This semi-homemade dressing starts with boxed stuffing with extra add-ins to amplify the flavor.
Always a favorite around the holiday table, this stuffing is made easy with box mix and some add-ons. Celery, onion and fresh herbs take plain boring box stuffing to a whole new level with minimal effort.
- Any boxed stuffing will work for this recipe.
- Optional add-ins – cranberries, raisins, walnuts, pecans, sausage, or mushrooms.
RECIPE TIPS & STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
- I do not recommend stuffing the turkey with this. Instead, cook in a baking dish and serve on the side.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Or you can freeze leftovers for up to 3 months. To reheat – thaw in the fridge overnight and bake in the oven at 350°F for 15 minutes.
MORE HOLIDAY SIDE DISH RECIPES:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (Rosemary, sage, thyme)
- 1 box StoveTop sage stuffing mix
- 1 package herb-seasoned classic stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farms blue package)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter or spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and minced fresh herbs. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine sage stuffing mix, herbed stuffing mix, celery and onion mixture, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared 9x13-inch dish and cover with foil. Bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil, and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 22mgSodium 674mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.