This Classic Spinach Dip is an easy appetizer for holidays, parties and game day. This cold dip recipe is always a favorite!
You just cannot go wrong with Cold Spinach Dip. It is so easy to prepare, stores well, can be made ahead, travels well and is always a hit!
This has been a family favorite my entire life. While the classic dip uses Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix, my family has always used Knorr Leek Recipe Mix. I am not sure if this was an intentional change or accidental. Either way it is the way we make it at my house and of the two versions, I prefer the Leek version. Feel free to use the Vegetable Recipe Mix if you prefer.
Ingredients Needed For Spinach Dip (screenshot for grocery list)
- Frozen Chopped Spinach
- Sour Cream
- Knorr Leek Recipe Mix (or Vegetable Recipe Mix)
- Water Chestnuts
- Fresh Parsley or Green Onions
What Is Best To Eat With Spinach Dip?
This dip is great in a hallowed out bread bowl. Use the inside of the bread bowl along with a large French bread loaf cut into dip-able pieces.
Pretzels, crackers and chips are also good for dipping.
More Favorite Dip Recipes:
- 10 ounces Frozen Chopped Spinach - thawed, drained, cooked, cooled
- 16 ounces Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 (1.8oz) Package Knorr Leek Recipe Mix (or Vegetable Recipe Mix)
- 8 ounce Can Water Chestnuts - drained, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley or Green Onions
- Salt/Pepper - to taste, if needed
- Thaw and drain spinach. Transfer to bowl then microwave for 3-4 minutes. Cool and remove any leftover liquid.
- Combine sour cream, mayo, Leek Mix. Mix with hand-mixer.
- Add spinach, water chestnuts, parsley, salt and pepper. (easy on the salt) Mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Tranfer to serving bowl or hollowed out bread bowl.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 342Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 45mgSodium 297mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.