So, this Shrimp Scampi Pasta is my ultimate meal. As in, if I had to choose a last meal this would be at the top of the list.
Fresh shrimp, butter, roasted garlic, lemon, parsley and pasta! So unbelievably simple and still Amazing!
I love when a dish isn’t too fussy or complicated. But it still tastes phenomenal and is an impressive meal.
Shrimp Scampi Pasta is all of those. Indulgent, fresh, bright, flavorful, satisfying, uncomplicated, perfection.
A couple months ago I participated in the Shrimp Showdown, hosted by OXO and The Shrimp Councel. I received 5 lbs of HUGE shrimp from Eastern Fish Company.
I couldn’t decide between two recipes: Spicy Shrimp Roll or Shrimp Scampi Pasta.
So I made both!
We had quite the Shrimp Extravaganza that day. It was beautiful. Glorious. The Best Day Evuh.
I know people either tend to love or hate shrimp.
If you hate shrimp . . . why are you still reading this? And, I don’t understand you. But thanks for following along!
I LOVE SHRIMP! And if you are a shrimp fan too, you need to make this Shrimp Scampi Pasta!
This recipe is perfect for date night, family dinner or (if you are like me) a glutinous meal to serve one!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 lb Shrimp - thawed, 15, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 stick Butter, 4 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 10 Cloves Roasted Garlic - chopped, use less if preferred
- Handful of chopped/snipped Italian Parsley - to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Lemon - cut into small wedges, optional
- Small pinch of Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- 8 ounces Linguine Pasta - cooked according to package
- Prepare roasted garlic, shrimp and pasta.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and shrimp. (add red pepper flakes now if doing so)
- Cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Time varies depending on shrimp size, usually 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pasta, parsley and lemon wedges. Toss to coat pasta with shrimp scampi.
- Serve immediately to all of your shrimp-loving friends and family!
More Divine Dinner Dishes: