These Easy Christmas Cookies begin with a basic chocolate chip cookie base then are coated with red, green and white nonpareil sprinkles. A fun festive holiday cookie that everyone will love!
This post is in partnership with Rodelle. WonkyWonderful is a Rodelle ambassador and receives product to use for recipe creation.
Making holiday cookies doesn’t have to be fussy and time consuming. There is no intricate decorating going on here. Just soft chocolate chip cookies covered in festive sprinkles. These have white chocolate morsels but you can swap those for chocolate chips or holiday M&M’s.
The secret to making the base for these cookies absolutely perfect is Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract and Rodelle Almond Extract. Rodelle Vanilla is the best there is, always making any recipe fantastic. The almond extract adds that slight background flavor that people can’t quite figure out.
Check out all of Rodelle’s great products and where to order them here -> Rodelle Products
Ingredients Needed For Sprinkle Christmas Cookies (screenshot for grocery list)
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Large Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Corn starch
- Baking Soda
- White Chocolate Chips
- Holiday Nonpareils Sprinkles
Tips For Making Cookies
- The cookie dough does need to be chilled before scooping and baking to get thick soft cookies.
- Use a large cookie or ice cream scoop. I use a 2 ounce scoop for reference.
- Give the cookies space on the baking sheet. Don’t crowd them.
- Use regular chocolate chips, M&M’s or anything else you prefer in your cookies if white chocolate isn’t your favorite.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Check out the video on this post to see how to adhere the nonpareils to the cookies.
More Recipes For Your Holiday Treat Platters
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter - softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Holiday Nonpareil Sprinkles
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. (approx 3 minutes)
- Add egg, vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix.
- Add flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt. Continue mixing until mixture becomes a thick cookie dough.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate 2+ hours (preferably overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Use large scoop to portion out dough. Dip each cookie ball into nonpareil sprinkles. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten rounds slightly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are just slightly golden. Remove from oven and leave cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Makes approximately 12 cookies.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 368Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 49mgSodium 216mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 1gSugar 27gProtein 4g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.