This classic CLUB SANDWICH RECIPE is so good you can skip the diner. Layers of mayo, turkey, ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce and bacon tucked into toasted bread.
Club Sandwiches are such a classic American diner food. As a kid I would order a club sandwich every time we stopped into a diner during a roadtrips.
These sandwiches are simple so just be sure to use quality ingredients. In fact, these sandwiches are perfect for using up leftover turkey and ham after the holidays.
- Bread – use sliced white or sourdough.
- Cheese – use your favorite sliced cheese or cheese can be omitted.
- Lettuce – your preferred sandwich lettuce is fine.
- Meats – use good quality sliced meats and feel free to do all turkey or all ham.
- Extras – of course you can add more ingredients and flavors (expl: pickles, avocado, pepperoncinis, dried Italian season)
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CLUB SANDWICHES:
- Salty plain potato chips and a pickle.
- Potato Salad
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad or plain macaroni salad
- French Fries
MORE EPIC SANDWICH RECIPES:
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 ounces sliced turkey
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 butter or bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 4 ounces sliced ham
- 5 slices cooked bacon, cut in half
- Lightly toast the slices of bread. Spread the mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- Arrange 2 slices of bread on a cutting board mayonnaise side up.
- Top with turkey, tomato slices, and cheddar cheese.
- Place another slice of bread mayonnaise side down on top of the cheddar cheese layer.
- Top with lettuce leaves, ham, and bacon.
- Top each sandwich with the last slice of bread mayonnaise side down.
- Secure the sandwich layers together with 4 toothpicks. Cut sandwiches into quarters.
- Serve with pickles and salty potato chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1112Total Fat 80gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 40gCholesterol 225mgSodium 2805mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 51g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.