This Citrus Herb Turkey Breast Recipe is perfect for those small Thanksgiving feasts or for a flavorful dinner anytime. A boneless turkey breast slathered in an herb citrus butter then oven roasted to perfection.
BONELESS TURKEY BREAST IN OVEN
This Citrus Herb Turkey is a bright, flavorful main dish suitable for any holiday feast. Perfect for Christmas, Thanksgiving or Sunday Dinner. Serve alongside your favorite side dishes for an amazing feast.
- Skin-on boneless turkey breast will work as well. If using, roast skin side up in the oven.
- Flavor add-in: pour ½ cup chicken broth or white wine into the roasting pan with the vegetables.
- If you pull the turkey out at 160 degrees F, it will continue to cook in the pan and will reach 165 degrees F before you carve.
- Only have salted butter? No problem, just be sure to omit the ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Basting is optional but it adds a depth of flavor and keeps the turkey juicy.
- I recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the turkey is fully cooked. Another indicator that the turkey is cooked is if the juices run clear.
- Always buy a turkey breast that is a little bigger than you need so that you have leftovers.
- Save those drippings to make gravy.
SHOULD YOU COVER A BONELESS TURKEY BREAST WHILE COOKING?
We are starting our turkey breast uncovered to get a nice brown going. After that the turkey breast should remain loosely covered with foil to prevent the top from burning.
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL A 3LB TURKEY BREAST FEED?
A 3LB turkey breast will feed 4-6 people depending how hungry they are.
This recipe is perfect for small Thanksgiving gatherings or to make alongside a large traditional turkey for extra breast servings.
- Leftovers will store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Enjoy leftover turkey cold or warmed through.
- You can freeze roasted turkey breast for up to 3 months. Cool to room temperature before freezing.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH TURKEY:
LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPES:
- 1 (3-4lb) boneless skinless turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Zest of ½ orange
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into thick slices
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.*
- Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels and season with paprika and freshly cracked black pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the butter, minced garlic, salt, lemon zest, orange zest, fresh rosemary, sage, and thyme in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix together until smooth.
- Generously coat the butter all over the turkey and reserve 2 tablespoons of butter in the bowl to baste with later.
- Place onions, fennel, orange, and lemon slices in a roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over the top and toss to coat.
- Place the turkey breast on top of the vegetables and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the first 20 minutes is done, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the citrus herb butter in the microwave. Take a basting brush and baste the top of the turkey.
- Loosely cover with foil and continue roasting until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, approx 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes. Carve and serve.
*This is a quicker cooking method. If you prefer to cook at 350ºF or 375ºF, follow recipe instructions but plan on cooking the turkey breast for 60+ minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 25mgSodium 215mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 8g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.