This Antipasto Wreath is a fantastic holiday appetizer or to serve for any occasion. Salami, tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh herbs are all you need to make this fresh and simple appetizer.
This Antipasto Wreath is such a fun and festive appetizer to serve at your holiday parties and feasts. Fresh charcuterie ingredients skewered onto toothpicks then arranged into a wreath will be a crowd favorite. Perfect for parties because it is so simple to prepare and makes for a fun finger food.
- Grape tomatoes can be used instead of cherry tomatoes.
- Use thin sliced hard salami if needed.
- Add-Ons: cubed cheeses, herb marinated mozzarella, whole olives, sweet peppers, banana peppers, artichoke hearts, cippolini onions, soppressata, hard salami coins, prosciutto, pancetta, or other Italian meats, and cubed breads such as focaccia, ciabatta, etc.
- For more flavor, sprinkle the wreath with sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper then lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or balsamic vinegar glaze.
- This recipe calls for small mozzarella pearls. Other varieties of fresh mozzarella balls that would work for this display include ciliegine and bocconcini. If you can’t find fresh mozzarella, you can cube up a block of mozzarella and create an equally beautiful arrangement.
MORE ANTIPASTO HOLIDAY APPETIZERS:
- 8 ounces Genoa salami, sliced thin (at least 12 slices)
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- One 8-ounce container of fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- Fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, basil, and bay leaves
- Arrange a sheet of parchment paper over a large round serving platter.
- Slice the salami in half, creating two stacks of half-circles, set aside.
- Skewer one tomato, one half-slice of salami, and 2-3 mozzarella pearls onto each toothpick.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tomatoes, salami, and mozzarella until you have at least 24 skewers.
- Arrange the prepared skewers in a circle on the platter, with the mozzarella pearls are facing into the center of the circle.
- Separate the sprigs of herbs into small bundles by tearing them or using kitchen shears, separate any large leaves from one another.
- Tuck and arrange the herbs around the circle of antipasto skewers to make it look like the greenery of a wreath.
To create the decorative salami bundles, fold a half-slice of salami into thirds lengthwise, then fold into fourths, alternating folds in an accordion-like pattern before skewering.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 144Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 30mgSodium 473mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 9g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.