Use this Chimichurri Recipe as a simple and flavorful dip, marinade or sauce. The blend of parsley, cilantro, garlic and lime will brighten any dish!
This Chimichurri Recipe is beyond easy. It is really just blending the ingredients together to make an amazing sauce.
And how awesome is the gorgeous green color!?!
Green foods get a bad rap. I personally love green food. My favorite food colors are green and orange. Is it weird to have a favorite food color?
Chimichurri is absolutely bursting with flavor!
Not only will it give your food this vibrant green color. But, it will also infuse it with so much herbaceousness.
Sure chimichurri may look like something you skimmed off the top of a swampy pond. But it tastes unbelievable!
This Chimichurri Recipe is perfect for a dipping sauce, steak marinade or add a dollop to anything that needs a pop of flavor.
I use this Chimichurri as a dipping sauce for meatballs. Or I mix it with quinoa for an easy and healthy side dish. I bet it is really tasty as an alternative french fry dip too.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss A Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves*
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- Juice from 1/2 Lime
- Pinch of Salt/Pepper
- Small Pinch Dried Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- Thoroughly wash the parsley and cilantro leaves.
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until it reaches desired consistency. The chimichurri sauce can be smooth, chunky or somewhere in between.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- No cooking necessary ... Enjoy!
*If you are one of those people that hate cilantro. Switch the cilantro for more parsley or oregano.
More DIY Ingredients:0