This SUSHI BAKE RECIPE is inspired by the viral social media trend. It is basically a deconstructed spicy sushi roll layered then baked to warm, served tucked into seaweed sheets.
SUSHI ROLL CASSEROLE
Another viral trend that is a fun twist on sushi! Don’t worry about trying to master a sushi roll with this recipe. This is so easy to make and has all of your favorite Asian inspired flavors.
WHAT IS A SUSHI BAKE?
A sushi bake is basically a sushi roll deconstructed into a casserole dish. Layers of rice, imitation crab, cream cheese, sriracha and yum yum sauce served on top of sheets of seaweed.
Sriracha can be skipped in the crab mix if you want to reduce the heat. Likewise, you can also go a little heavy handed with the drizzle if you really enjoy the flavor.
I highly recommend using Kewpie Mayo as it’s Japanese mayo and has a different flavor. Brands like Hellman’s just will not taste right with this recipe.
Sprinkle chopped green onions on before serving for an added pop of flavor.
HOW TO SERVE A SUSHI BAKE
Serve this sushi casserole as is from the casserole dish. Or serve on top or sprinkled with Nori seaweed sheets.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
MORE SUSHI INSPIRED RECIPES:
- 1 (24-ounce) package imitation crab
- 4-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Kewpie mayo (plus additional for drizzle)
- 1 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (plus additional for drizzle)
- 2 tablespoons Yum Yum sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 package Nori Sheets
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- In a large bowl combine crab, kewpie mayo, cream cheese, sriracha, and yum yum sauce. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add rice, rice vinegar, mirin, and sesame oil. Stir to combine.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spread the cooked rice in an even layer.
- Next, spread the crab mixture. (Use a spoon/spatula to smooth into an even layer).
- Drizzle Kewpie Mayo and Sriracha over the crab mix.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with pieces of nori.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 296Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 27mgSodium 306mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 5g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.