This Lemon Butter Chicken Thigh Recipe is quick, easy and bursting with flavor! Juicy chicken thighs cooked with butter, lemon, thyme and garlic. The perfect one pan weeknight dinner! This 30-minute dinner recipe is gluten free, grain free, low carb and Keto friendly.
This post was originally published October 7, 2015.
How do I make chicken thighs?
I typically eat chicken breast and every once in awhile I will change things up and have drumsticks. But the chicken thighs . . . they are just so darn juicy and flavorful. And this Lemon Butter Chicken Thigh Recipe with Thyme and Garlic will blow your mind! Pan frying chicken thighs is the best method, in my opinion. It gets a nice brown crust and you can finish the thighs in a great sauce.
This recipe starts with Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs. I use the boneless skinless variety because I just do not like to bother with bones or skin. Plus they cook up a bit faster.
How do you make chicken thighs crispy?
Get that pan hot, hot, Hot! Make sure the pan and oil are nice and hot before adding the chicken. This tip goes for anything you are wanting to brown on the stovetop.
In the mood for another great chicken dinner?
What ingredients do you need for this Lemon Butter Chicken Thigh Recipe?
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- Lemon Juice
This truly is my new favorite chicken recipe. It is not really surprising because lemon, garlic and thyme are a few of my favorite things. Not to mention BUTTER! Now if I could only find a way to add cheese to this dish it would be perfection.
What tools do you need for this recipe?
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth - divided
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 10-12 Garlic Cloves - halved
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan over medium/high.
- Generously coat chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fry chicken in oil until brown. (5-6 minutes each side)
- Remove chicken from pan and reduce heat to medium/low.
- Quickly add 1/2 cup chicken broth and scrape bottom of pan to deglaze.
- Add butter and garlic. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and add the remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Baste chicken with liquid twice during this time.
- Remove lid. Add lemon juice and thyme.
- Continue cooking until chicken until fully cooked and no pink remains. (about 10 minutes)
Prep all ingredients before you begin.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 327Sodium 272mgCarbohydrates 1gProtein 22g
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to purchase. . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms®, the opinions expressed are my own.