For a simple yet unique pork dinner recipe, look no further. This Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin is fall apart tender and topped with a vibrant Balsamic Blackberry Sauce. Serve this over a fresh salad for a Whole30 Paleo compliant meal. If you are not following a special diet this shredded pork is great on sandwiches or tacos!
Another slow cooker recipe for those busy days. Unlike the more popular pork shoulder roast, this Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin is much less greasy and has a cleaner flavor. When using a leaner cut you do have to be careful not to dry out the meat. This is why broth is added to the slow cooker.
Feel free to pair this shredded pork with your favorite sauce. I made a Balsamic Blackberry Sauce that was sweet and tangy. It tastes great with the pork, especially on a salad.
For this pork tenderloin recipe you will need a slow cooker. The one I use isn’t super fancy. I use this (ad) Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart.
Tips → Tricks → Suggestions →
- If you don’t want to use blackberries the sauce can be made with other fruits or berries: raspberries, orange, pomegranate, etc.
- Shredded pork is great to keep in the fridge. Use it in breakfast hash, salads, burrito bowls, tacos, sandwiches, soups, etc.
- This freezes great! If you have a smaller family (I’m only feeding 2), freeze half of the pork to use in the future.
More healthy slow cooker recipes for your dinner table →
Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup
Paleo Meatballs in Marinara by Paleo Running Momma
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore by FoodieCrush
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili by Spend with Pennies
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 3 Lbs Pork Tenderloin
- Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Sage
- 10 ounces Fresh Blackberries
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Pinch Salt
- Salt and pepper pork tenderloin. Sear pork in large pan over high heat.
- Oil the bottom of a 6qt slow cooker. Transfer pork tenderloin to slow cooker. Add stock and sage.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours. (I do not recommend cooking on high as it can cause the pork to dry out)
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred. It should be falling apart.
- Pulse blackberries in blender. Push blackberry mixture through mesh strainer. Discard seeds.
- In a 3.5qt pot, bring blackberry pulp, vinegar, olive oil and salt to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes while whisking occasionally. Vigorously whisk the last 2-3 minutes.
- Once the sauce reaches a syrupy consistency, set aside to cool and thicken for 10 minutes before serving.
*This sauce recipe makes enough to drizzle over pork when serving. For extra saucy pork, double the recipe.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!