This Raw Zucchini Salad is a fresh Summer Salad full of veggies. Zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper, parsley and onion tossed with a fresh thyme vinaigrette.
ZUCCHINI TOMATO SALAD
This summertime raw zucchini salad is a great way to use up an abundance of fresh zucchini and tomatoes. A combination of fresh veggies tossed in a simple vinaigrette dressing pairs well with any meal. Prep this salad 2 hours before your meal, as the veggies marinate in the vinaigrette they will soften slightly.
Add quinoa, pasta, rice, bulgar or couscous to make this salad a meal.
- Add any extra fresh garden vegetables you have on hand.
- Any type of tomato will work in place of the mini heirloom tomatoes.
- Use your favorite dressing.
MORE FRESH SALAD RECIPES:
- 2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pint miniature heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In large bowl, toss the salad ingredients together until equally distributed.
- In a jar, shake together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to coat.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for 2 hours prior to serving.
Allowing the salad to chill for 2 hours in the dressing helps to soften the veggies slightly. If adding pasta or grains, do so just before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 158Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 0mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.