A fresh, colorful summer recipe that will be a treat. This MELON SALAD with MINT, HONEY AND LIME is simple yet super delicious.
SUMMER SALAD RECIPE
This MELON SALAD screams summertime! The freshness, the color, the flavor . . . it has it all with just a few simple ingredients. Take advantage of those ripe summer melons and make this delicious salad for your next meal, potluck, party or bbq.
Taste a piece of each melon to see how sweet they are. Add more or less honey to the dressing based off of the sweetness of the melons.
Can this be made ahead?
You can cube the melon one day in advance and store the cubed melon and dressing in separate containers. Toss together right before serving.
What is a personal-size watermelon?
Smaller versions of the large standard watermelons. You can find them at most grocery stores. Or you can use ¼-½ of a regular-size watermelon.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, however, the dressing changes the flavor and texture of the melon the longer it sits. For the best taste and texture, enjoy the melon salad immediately.
MORE SUMMER SALAD RECIPES:
- ½ cantaloupe, seeds removed, cubed
- ½ large personal-size watermelon, cubed
- ½ honeydew melon, seeds removed, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- Carefully cut the melons into cubes. Be sure to cut them roughly the same size. Add the cubed melon to a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Whisk together the honey and lime juice in a small mixing bowl. Pour over the melon and toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped mint and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 81Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 1g