These Maple Bacon Donuts have to be one of the best flavor combinations ever! Brown sugar and sour cream baked donuts with a pure maple syrup glaze then topped with brown sugar maple glazed bacon pieces. This breakfast recipe is the ultimate morning indulgence and perfection with a cup of coffee!
If you are needing a last minute treat to make for Dad on Father’s Day, this is it! These baked donuts are easy to make, full of flavor and BACON! Maple Bacon Donuts are the best thing to happen to donuts since SPRINKLES!
While Maple and Bacon were a match made in heaven, Donuts and Coffee are the real perfect pair. Can you even have a donut without coffee? That is ludicrous!
I have been getting fancy with my home brewed coffee. I’ll admit it, I am a bit of a coffee snob. In the past I have always used the single cup pour-over method. When I got the opportunity to try out the Commercial-grade Capresso Café PRO Professional Espresso & Cappuccino Machine I was like, Heck Yeah! I had also just returned from a business trip to Portland and was craving that good Portland coffee.
There is a bit of a learning curve and I am still working on my skills. If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen some of my coffee art already. But, there are tons of video tutorials out there and it just takes a little practice. Frothing the milk is what I have practiced the most. Unlike in the movies the milk frothing should not be a super noisy process. The quiet frothing creates that great micro foam for the perfect cup.
So grab yourself a fine cup of coffee and make these Maple Bacon Donuts. Good Morning!
First thing you need to do is prepare the Brown Sugar Maple Bacon. You only need about 3 strips of bacon for these donuts. Or if you prefer to use plain bacon that is great too!
The donuts themselves are mild in flavor and lightly sweetened with brown sugar. These donuts are all about the toppings. Maple glaze made with pure maple syrup and chopped bacon. What more do you need?
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons Soft Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3 Strips Brown Sugar Maple Bacon - chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, sour cream, vanilla and milk. Mix until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter between 6 donut molds that have been sprayed with nonstick.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool completely before glazing.
- Mix powdered sugar and maple syrup until smooth. Dip each donut into glaze then return to rack. Top donuts with chopped bacon.
- Serve immediately. Store uneaten donuts in refrigerator.
I received a Capresso Cafe Pro to facilitate this recipe post.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!6