This Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Breast Recipe is a quick, easy dinner for those nights you’re craving pizza but don’t want all the carbs. Lean oven roasted chicken breast is topped with marinara, basil, fresh mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. This low carb, Keto friendly meal is also gluten free.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
Keto – Low Carb Pizza Topped Chicken Recipe
I had this recipe on my mind ever since I made Chicken Parmesan a few weeks ago and my daughter kept calling it Pizza Chicken.
I suppose chicken parmesan is basically like a pizza inspired chicken dinner. But I decided to make her dinner that is definitely based off of a pepperoni pizza. She loves this Pizza Topped Chicken and I love that I can enjoy the pizza essence without the carbs.
What Makes This Pizza Chicken Recipe Keto
This Pizza Smothered Chicken gets it’s fats from the mozzarella, pepperoni and oil that the chicken cooks in. There are no added carbs in this Keto Friendly Recipe. I say ‘Keto Friendly’ because it depends what low carb plan you are following.
Strict Keto requires that you pay close attention to your protein intake. This dinner has a fair amount of protein thanks to the chicken breasts. Just something to keep in mind.
Here are a few low carb side dish options to serve alongside this Pizza Topped Chicken: Pressure Cooker Artichokes, Roasted Green Beans with Bacon, Roasted Broccolini, Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower or Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts.
Ingredients Needed For Pizza Topped Chicken (screenshot for grocery list)
- 3 Thick Chicken Breasts or 6 Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts
- Tomato Sauce (pizza or pasta sauce)
- Fresh Basil
- Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- Thin Sliced Pepperoni
How To Make Pizza Smothered Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- If the chicken breasts are not already thinly sliced, slice each breast in half lengthwise making 6 thin chicken breasts total.
- Coat chicken breasts with oil, salt and pepper. Place into roasting dish or on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake chicken for 13 minutes.
- Top each breast with a dollop of sauce, fresh basil leaf, sliced mozzarella and sliced pepperoni.
- Return chicken to oven and broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through 165ºF internal temp.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 321 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 91mg Sodium 511mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 31g