Roasted Broccolini Recipe Tossed with Tangy Lemon is a great side dish for busy weeknights, dinner parties or holiday feasts. This recipe is Keto friendly, Paleo, Whole30, low carb, gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
What Is The Difference Between Broccoli and Broccolini?
Broccolini is very similar to standard broccoli. It is often referred to as baby broccoli but it is actually a broccoli hybrid that has smaller florets and long, thin stalks. I think it has a milder flavor than broccoli as well.
That is why this Roasted Broccolini Recipe is great because the bright, tangy lemon flavor pairs especially well with the earthy broccolini.
What is the Best Way to Cook Broccolini?
If you like very cooked, soft veggies then you probably want to steam or sauté your broccolini. But, if you like slightly crisp vegetables with some texture, Roasted Broccolini is the way to go.
How do you prepare the broccolini?
Cut the ends off, separate the broccolini that is grouped together and remove the leaves if you prefer. The leaves are edible so that is up to you.
What tools do you need for this Roasted Broccolini Recipe?
Want More Roasted Vegetable Side Dishes →
- 16 ounces Broccolini (baby broccoli)
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove, (grated)
- Sea Salt
- Dried Red Chili Pepper, (optional)
- Lemon Zest, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Clean and trim the ends off of the broccolini.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice and garlic. Toss broccolini in mixture until evenly coated.
- Transfer broccolini to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until desired tenderness. (cooking time will depend on thickness of broccolini stalks)
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt, red pepper and lemon zest.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 77Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 180mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to purchase. . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!5