Make this Cheesy Hashbrown Sausage Breakfast Casserole to feed a hungry crowd in the morning. Sausage, eggs, cheese, peppers and hash browns baked to perfection.
EGG & SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
This oven baked egg and sausage casserole is great for holidays, weekends or anytime you have a hungry crowd ready for breakfast. With sausage, eggs, cheese, peppers and hash browns; this casserole is a hearty filling meal.
- Use you preferred bell pepper (yellow, orange, red or green).
- Use your favorite breakfast sausage or substitute with bacon.
- Serve topped with salsa, avocado and cilantro for a Mexican inspired casserole.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 3 days.
MORE EASY BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, cored and diced
- ½ green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 20 ounce bag shredded hash browns, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13x9-inch casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brown sausage breaking it into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain fat and allow sausage to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk.
- Stir in shredded cheese, green onions, bell peppers, cooked sausage and hash browns. Transfer mixture to casserole dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through (pull one out with a fork and taste it). The edges should be set, and the center a little jiggly.
- Allow the casserole to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Hashbrowns can be browned on the stovetop before adding to casserole mixture if you prefer your potatoes to have a slight crisp.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 171mgSodium 817mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 18g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.