Beer Cheese Dip is a fantastic appetizer recipe and even works as a sauce. Perfect for holidays, parties and game-day. Dip pretzels, chips and/or veggies into this gooey cheesy sauce. Just 10 minutes to prepare!
Cheese Sauce Made With Beer
If you like beer and you like cheese, not only are you my people but you are going to love this cheese dip! With just a few simple ingredients and about 10 minutes you have a crowd pleasing dip to serve at your next gathering.
I eat this cheese dip warm keeping it heated on low on the stovetop. This will keep that perfect dip-able consistency. some folks like to serve cold as a spreadable cheese. Do it however you prefer or serve it both ways.
Ingredients Needed For Cheese Dip (screenshot for grocery list)
- Lager Beer
- Whole Milk
- Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Ground Mustard
- Hot Sauce
- Shredded Cheddar/Jack Cheese
What Is The Best Beer For Beer Cheese?
I prefer a mild beer like Lager or Hefeweizen. It gives that nice beer flavor without overpowering the cheese. But if you like a strong pungent beer flavor feel free to use IPA or your favorite Pale Ale.
More Easy Dip Recipes:
This Cheese Dip is great for dipping crackers, pretzels and tortilla chips. It can also be used as a flavorful sauce, like on top of this Beer Cheese Sloppy Joe!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Cup Lager Beer
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons Hot Sauce (optional)
- 2-3 Cups Shredded Cheddar/Jack Cheese*
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- Melt butter in medium sized pot over medium heat. Add flour, whisk and cook 30-60 seconds or until lightly golden and bubbling.
- Slowly add beer while whisking.
- Add milk, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, mustard and hot sauce. Whisk.
- Bring mixture to a light simmer.
- Turn off burner. Slowly add in shredded cheese while whisking between each addition.**
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with pretzels, crackers, chips and/or veggies.
*Add 2 cups of cheese for a thinner dip consistency. Add up to 1 more cup of cheese to thicken if preferred.
**Do not add the cheese while the beer mixture is still boiling. Adding cheese when it is too hot could cause the dip to be grainy or separate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 416Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 97mgSodium 688mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 21g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.