Just in time for summer, these Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas are a healthy, light, frozen dessert. Dipping bananas in chocolate and toppings then freezing for a tasty ice cream alternative.
FROZEN CHOCOLATE BANANAS
These frozen bananas are the perfect summertime treat. If you are trying to avoid ice cream they are a great alternative.
Kids love these frozen chocolate bananas and can even help make them.
For these chocolate banana pops you can substitute the dark chocolate with a variety of other melting candies and chocolates such as white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, butterscotch, or peanut butter chips.
You can substitute the vegetable oil with coconut oil or melted butter.
TOPPINGS: fruity pebbles, cocoa pebbles, granola, crushed nuts, almond flakes, sweetened or unsweetened coconut flakes, m&ms, Oreo crumbles, white chocolate drizzle, peanut butter drizzle, Cinnamon toast crunch, dried fruit, candy sprinkles, or graham cracker crumbs.
Do I have to cut the bananas in half?
No, you do not have to cut the bananas in half for these chocolate banana pops. You can use a whole banana, just make sure to insert the popsicle stick further into the banana to support the extra weight.
Can I eat these warm or cold?
These chocolate banana pops are best served frozen, heating them up or leaving out to thaw will melt the chocolate.
Frozen Banana Storage Instructions:
These chocolate banana pops can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 4 months.
MORE FUN DESSERTS:
- 4 large bananas
- 1 ½ cup dark melting chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup each of a variety of toppings (sprinkles, shredded coconut, crushed nuts, etc.)
- Peel bananas, discard banana peels.
- Cut the bananas in half in the center creating 2 equal-sized banana pieces.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the cut flat side of each banana piece about 2 inches in or enough to create a sturdy handle. Repeat with all bananas.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, thoroughly coat melting chocolate chips in vegetable oil.
- Heat the chocolate in microwave for 30-second increments stirring between each 30-second increment until the chocolate is completely melted. Make sure not to overheat or allow any contact with water or the chocolate will seize up and be lumpy.
- Dip banana into melted chocolate. Using a spoon, scoop melted chocolate over each banana while holding onto the popsicle stick handle.
- Quickly sprinkle toppings evenly over the bananas so that the topping sticks to the melted chocolate before hardening.
- Place chocolate coated bananas on a non-stick surface such as a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until frozen completely.
- Serve frozen
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 265Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 7mgSodium 45mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 3gSugar 25gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.