This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is an easy festive birthday cake that comes together in no time. Layers of ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping, chocolate sauce and sprinkles make the best ice cream cake!
ICE CREAM CAKE
No need to spend hours baking and decoration a birthday cake. This Ice Cream Cake comes together in no time and is sure to be a hit!
Plus, the flavors and toppings can be customized to fit your preferences.
ICE CREAM SANDWICH OPTIONS:
This recipe calls for Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches. Feel free to use vanilla, chocolate or whatever ice cream sandwich flavor you prefer.
WHIPPED CREAM OPTIONS:
I highly recommend using frozen whipped topping (Cool-Whip). It is stabilized whipped cream which makes this ice cream cake stay intact much better than homemade whipped cream.
Homemade whipped cream can be used but may not set up as well as store bought.
This recipe uses chocolate sauce, chocolate chips and sprinkles. More topping ideas: caramel sauce, fruit pie filling, crushed Oreos, Fruity Pebbles, butterscotch chips, nuts, etc.
Store leftover ice cream cake in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 7 days.
MORE PARTY FOODS:
MORE EASY FUN DESSERTS:
- 24 Napoleon Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 16 oz Frozen Whipped Cream Topping - thawed
- ½ cup Chocolate Sauce
- ½ cup Sprinkles
- ¼ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Place 12 ice cream sandwiches into the bottom of a 9x13 pan (you may need to slice a couple of the sandwiches to fit all into the dish) .
- Spread half of the thawed whipped cream topping over the sandwiches.
- Drizzle half of the chocolate sauce over the top of the whipped cream .
- Sprinkle half of the sprinkles and half of the mini chocolate chips over the top.
- Repeat the steps 1-4 with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the cake loosely with foil and place into your freezer for 3-4 hours before serving. Slice and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 80mgSodium 186mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 1gSugar 27gProtein 6g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.