For a nutritious, colorful dinner or lunch this Chicken Bacon Salad with Orange Maple Salad Dressing is fantastic. Great for a quick and easy meal at home or for a meal planning recipe. This salad and dressing is Paleo compliant, dairy free, gluten free and grain free.
I’ve admitted it on my WonkyWonderful Instagram, I am a salad nerd! I could practically live on salads because they are so customizable. You really need to load them up to get that WOW factor! ← Told you I was a salad nerd.
But, lets not waste time on boring salads with the usual ingredients. Our salads have meat, veggies, fruit, nuts and a homemade flavorful dressing, like this Orange Maple Salad Dressing. That is one satisfying meal!
Because this salad is so filling and nutrient dense, it is also great for meal planning. Just prep all the salad ingredients in a glass meal prep container and the maple salad dressing in a separate container. Boom! Lunch is ready when you are.
- Cook the chicken however you prefer. I either grill it, roast it or pan fry it.
- Feel free to use a shortcut and buy a bag of pre-cut romaine lettuce.
- While I enjoy orange in this maple salad dressing the most. Try other citrus that you have on hand. Most any citrus will taste great. (I’m not sure about lime . . . never tried it.)
- If planning this recipe for meal prep, leave the tomatoes whole to prevent sogginess and cut the avocado just before eating.
More salad dressing recipes for your epic salad creations → Dairy Free ranch Dressing Cranberry Salad Dressing by Cook Eat Paleo Lemon Chia Seed Dressing by Two Peas and Their Pod Lemon Poppyseed Dressing by A View From Great Island Cilantro Lime Dressing Blood Orange Salad Dressing
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - baked or grilled*, (sliced)
- 2 Heads Romain Lettuce, (chopped)
- 1 Cup Micro Greens
- 15 Sugar Plum or Cherry Tomatoes, (halved)
- 1 Avocado, (sliced)
- 3 Pieces Cooked Bacon**, (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Olive or Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider or White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1-2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise, (to desired thickness)
- Combine all said dressing ingredients in dressing shaker or glass mason jar. Close top and shake vigorously until fully combined.
- Assemble all salad ingredients and drizzle with dressing.
*Roasted Chicken: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Salt and pepper chicken breasts, grease roasting dish with oil and place chicken in roasting dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165ºF (time varies depending on thickness) Or, grill until 165ºF internal temp.
**My preferred bacon preparation method:
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line baking sheet with foil and spray or grease with oil. Lay bacon flat on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or to desired doneness. (flip half way through)