Make yourself an Egg Salad Sandwich for a quick, easy and nutritious meal. Starting with this basic egg salad recipe then create your perfect sandwich with add-ons to fit your preferences.
Easy Egg Salad Sandwiches
Egg Salad is one of those classic sandwiches, the ultimate comfort food. Start with this basic egg salad recipe then choose your toppings and bread.
Great for an easy lunch meal prep idea or to use up those boiled eggs after Easter.
EGG SALAD OPTIONS:
Bacon, olives, lettuce, dill and jalapeños are a great way to add more flavor and texture to your sandwich. Add anything else you think pairs well with eggs, such as avocado, tomato, paprika, pickles or onion.
The vessel you use for your egg salad is completely up to you. I prefer a croissant or whole wheat seedy sliced bread. Sour dough bread, pita, tortillas, sub rolls or any other kind of bread works just as well.
Egg salad can also be served over salad greens if you prefer to make it a low carb meal.
EGG SALAD STORAGE AND REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS:
Store egg salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
More Epic Sandwich Recipes:
- 10 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Stalk Celery, finely diced
- 2 Small Shallots, finely diced
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Chopped Chives
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- Croissants or Sliced Bread
- Place eggs in a large pot. Cover eggs with water. Bring water to a boil. Once the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes immediately pour out the hot water and run cold water over the eggs.
- Allow to sit in the cold water for 5 minutes. Crack the eggs and peel/remove shell.
- Chop eggs then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, celery, shallots, mustard and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve on croissants, bread, pita, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 477Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 488mgSodium 646mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 19g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.