These Easy Yeast Rolls are a great addition to any feast! Perfectly sized rolls, baked in muffin tins then slathered with butter and fresh thyme. Nothing beats fresh baked bread!
This tasty recipe is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
Every holiday feast needs soft buttery rolls! Homemade rolls may seem intimidating but they are really easy to make! And homemade means that you control the freshness and quality of the ingredients.
I made these Easy Yeast Rolls with Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White Flour. It is not enriched with any additives. This high protein flour is used by professional bakers and produces high, well-textured loaves of bread equally as well as it produces light, airy baked goods. It is an incredibly versatile flour and perfect for all of your baking needs.
Print Your Bob’s Red Mill Coupon Now!
The rolls do require a couple rises. But they take minimal effort to make. A little mixing, a bit of kneading and some waiting.
Just make sure the dough is in a warm spot and it will rise faster.
I like the little clover rolls. But you can easily make standard shaped rolls. Using the muffin tins helps to keep all of the rolls the same size. Perfect for making enough for your hungry crowd!
Let them get nice and poofy then bake. That’s it. Mix, rise, portion, rise and bake. You just made yeast rolls!
Don’t skimp on the butter! Have I ever told you that I was a butter eater as a kid? That’s right, no stick of butter was safe around me. I would steal an entire stick of butter from the butter dish and hide under the table while I ate it.
If only I had that little kid metabolism now!
Anyways, enough about butter eating. Back to these rolls. Smother them in melted butter, thyme and sea salt. Perfection.
These rolls are light but sturdy enough to dip into gravy if you are so inclined.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 Tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter - divided
- 3/4 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 3½ Cups Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached White Flour
- Leaves from 7 Thyme Sprigs
- Sea Salt for topping
- Mix yeast, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Set aside for about 5 minutes or until yeast activates and becomes foamy.
- In large bowl; mix egg, salt, sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, warm water and yeast mixture.
- Gradually add in flour and stir until dough forms into large ball.
- Cover bowl with warm, damp cloth and set in warm spot. Allow dough to double in size. (about 1.5 hours)
- Knead dough on floured surface 3-5 minutes or until dough is smooth. Add small amounts of flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Spray 24 muffin tins with nonstick. Fill each muffin tin with 3 small dough balls. Let dough double in size again. (about 1 hour)
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and add the time leaves. Immediately brush rolls with melted butter and sprinkle generously with salt.