Make this Strawberry Shortcake Trifle as the ultimate summer dessert. Everyones favorite strawberry dessert recipe made into a layered show-stopping dish. Perfect for parties, potlucks, holidays and barbecues.
Strawberry Shortcake is a traditional summer treat. If you are lucky enough to get your hands on fresh, juicy strawberries, this dessert is the perfect way to let those ripe strawberries shine.
Just strawberries, whipped cream and cake. So simple yet delicious.
WHAT IS STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE MADE OF?
- It is important to use fresh strawberries in this dish, frozen strawberries will not work because they get very soggy and soft once thawed.
- You can use either store-bought or homemade angel food cake. I use a 1-pound store-bought cake and find that it is the equivalent of about 4-5 cups of cake once diced into cubes.
- You can use thawed Cool-Whip instead of fresh whipped cream.
- If not serving immediately, it is important to let this dish chill in the fridge, so the whipped cream does not soften and get runny.
CAN A STRAWBERRY TRIFLE BE MADE THE NIGHT BEFORE?
Yes, this can be made ahead of time. That will actually give it time for the flavors to blend. Be aware that the cake pieces will absorb any liquid and soften over night.
Store this dish in the fridge for up to two days covered with plastic wrap.
MORE RECIPES THAT USE STRAWBERRIES:
- 2 ¾ cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb angel food cake, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 lbs strawberries, sliced
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream along the bottom of a trifle dish or large serving bowl.
Cover the whipped cream in a layer of diced angel food cake and top with more whipped cream.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries, arranging them as desired and top with another layer of whipped cream.
- Top the dish with the remaining angel food cake and strawberries.
Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 625Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 123mgSodium 597mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 4gSugar 13gProtein 9g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.