Less of a recipe, more of an idea, these Homemade Uncrustables will be hit with the kids! A simple PB&J cut and sealed into a fun crustless sandwich. Perfect for lunch, snacks or picnics.
DIY UNCRUSTABLE SANDWICHES
I used to make these for my daughter almost daily back in her No-Crust phase. If I’m being honest, I too prefer my sandwiches without a crust.
Why make Uncrustables at home instead of buying them? Well, they are much more inexpensive when homemade. Plus you get to control the quality of the ingredients. Use your preferred bread, peanut butter and jelly.
HOW DO YOU MAKE UNCRUSTABLE SANDWICHES AND FREEZE THEM?
Make a PB&J per usual, just don’t go overboard with the amounts of peanut butter and jelly. And keep the spreads centered in the middle of the bread.
Cut using sandwich sealer.
Place uncrustables flat on a baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours. Transfer to sandwich bags then return to freezer.
HOW DO YOU KEEP UNCRUSTABLES FROM GETTING SOGGY?
To prevent sogginess, spread a thin layer of peanut butter on both pieces of bread. Then add the jelly. This is only necessary if you are preparing a large batch for the week or to freeze. If consuming immediately this step isn’t necessary.
HOW DO YOU MAKE UNCRUSTABLES WITHOUT A SEALER?
You can make uncrustables using a large round cookie/biscuit cutter and a fork. Use biscuit cutter to remove the crusts then crimp the edges of the bread with a fork to seal.
MORE FUN FOODS THE KIDS WILL LOVE:
- 1 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Jelly
- 2 Slices Bread (full size loaf)
- Lay out two slices of bread and spread about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on one and 1 tablespoon of jelly on the other.* Place bread slices together to create sandwich.
- Try to keep the peanut butter and jelly centered and less towards the edges since those are just getting cut off.
- Use the larger sandwich slicer/sealer. It has two pieces, a larger one, which is the cutter, and a smaller one that goes inside the larger one, that’s the sealer.
- Start with the larger one and center it on top of the sandwich, making sure only the white part of the bread shows in the circular window of the slicer.
- Press down and give a slight twist to ensure it’s completely cut through. Do not remove the slicer.
- Place the smaller insert into the slicer and press down, making sure to press down all the way around it to get a good seal. Lift and remove the uncrustable.
- To Freeze: Place uncrustables flat on a baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours. Transfer to sandwich bags then return to freezer.
*To prevent sogginess, spread a thin layer of peanut butter on both pieces of bread. Then add the jelly. This is only necessary if you are preparing a large batch for the week or to freeze. If consuming immediately this step isn’t necessary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 297Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 385mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 3gSugar 12gProtein 9g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.