DILL PICKLE COLESLAW is a super quick and easy side dish. Just a few basic coleslaw ingredients with the addition of dill pickles and pickle juice. Perfect for potlucks, bbq’s and parties.
COLESLAW WITH PICKLES
It may sound a little weird at first but really pickles in coleslaw makes perfect sense. It is especially good served with barbecue foods such as hot dogs, burgers, grilled chicken or beef. Or my personal favorite, Pickle Coleslaw on top of my hot dog!
This coleslaw recipe is absolutely simple. Coleslaw cabbage blend, make the dressing, add the pickles and onions. If you don’t like onions they can be omitted. If you don’t like pickles. . . I’m not sure why you are here 😆
MORE RECIPES WITH PICKLES:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup dill pickle juice*
- kosher salt - to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper - to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1/2 Cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, pickle juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and celery seed.
- Add the coleslaw cabbage mix, onions and pickles to a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing on top of the coleslaw. Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes up to 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend together.
- Give it one last toss before serving.
*Adjust amount to desired consistency. If thicker dressing is preferred add less pickle juice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 222Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 13mgSodium 615mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.