This CHIPOTLE CHICKEN RECIPE is a flavorful chicken that can be eaten on its own, in rice bowls, burrito bowls, tacos or on a salad. A simple chipotle marinade packs a punch of flavor to chicken.
CHIPOTLE MARINATED CHICKEN
This simple, flavorful marinade will make any chicken dish unforgettable. A blend of chipotle, lime, garlic and spices make up this marinade. Great on chicken, beef or pork.
- Chicken thighs or wings can be used instead of chicken breast. Adjust cooking time/method accordingly.
- Adjust the amount of chipotle to fit your preferences.
- Agave or sugar can be used in place of the honey.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS CHIPOTLE CHICKEN:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 whole chipotle chile, diced (no need to remove seeds)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lime
- Mix together 1 tablespoon olive oil, chipotle pepper, lime juice, honey, fresh garlic, chili lime seasoning, salt and pepper and lime zest in a bowl.
- Add chicken to a gallon sized freezer bag and pour in the marinade mixture. Seal the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken. Let the chicken marinate for at least an hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add remaining oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the marinated chicken to the skillet and cook chicken for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the chicken is fully cooked and the internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
- Remove cooked chicken from the skillet and let it rest covered on a plate for 5-10 min before slicing into bite-sized pieces.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 568Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 193mgSodium 529mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 12gProtein 72g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.