Make this CRANBERRY GLAZED HAM for a simple holiday ham. A spiral ham glazed with a sweet and spiced cranberry sauce for a flavorful show-stopper ham.
OVEN BAKED HAM
This holiday ham is so simple but the glaze brings a ton of festive flavor. Start with a spiral ham then slather with the glaze made from cranberry sauce, sugar and spices.
- Adjust the spices to fit your preferences.
- Regular or whole jellied cranberry both work, I prefer whole for this recipe.
- Apple juice or pineapple juice works in place of the orange juice.
DO YOU GLAZE A HAM BEFORE OR AFTER COOKING?
Glaze your ham the last 30 minutes of cooking to prevent the sugars from burning.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HAM:
- 6-8lb spiral ham
- 14oz can jellied cranberry sauce*
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Place ham into a large roasting or baking dish.
- Pour ⅓ cup water into the bottom of the roasting pan and cover the ham with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix together the remaining ingredients. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the mixture becomes bubbly and begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the ham has baked for 1 hour and 25 minutes, remove from the oven and pour or brush the cranberry sauce onto the ham.
- Return the glazed ham to the oven, uncovered, and cook for another 25 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
*Regular or whole jellied cranberry both work.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container, or freeze for up to 1-3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 2593Total Fat 93gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 46gCholesterol 1161mgSodium 17730mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 0gSugar 35gProtein 403g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.