For a quick, easy and delicious dinner recipe this Green Chicken Enchilada Casserole is perfect! This Mexican meal is made with just 6 ingredients and the rotisserie chicken saves a ton of time. This is sure to be a new family favorite weeknight dinner!
I am proud to be partnering with Farm Rich to bring you this tasty recipe!
Easy, tasty, family-approved dinners are not just necessary during the school year. Summertime seems to be just as busy, sometimes even busier. This Creamy Green Chicken Enchilada Casserole comes together with just 6 ingredients! Using a store bought rotisserie chicken makes this dinner super simple.
Make a quick stop by the grocery store to get the chicken, green enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, cream cheese, tortillas and Farm Rich Avocado Slices (available now at select Walmart and Meijer stores).
The preparation for this dinner is easy-peasy. First prepare the avocado slices according to package instructions, get them nice and crispy. Debone the chicken, or if you have left over chicken from another meal that will work too. Mix half the enchilada sauce with the cream cheese. Cut the tortillas into strips or squares. Then just layer the prepped ingredients and bake.
Once this casserole is done baking you can serve it immediately or let it sit for awhile. If served immediately it will be a melty, cheesy pile of deliciousness. It will not look its best but it is so delicious no one will care.
However, if you let it sit and cool you will be able to cut those gorgeous slices that show every tasty layer.
The choice is yours.
Don’t forget to load up on the garnishes. . . more Crispy Avocado Slices, fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime and hot sauce. Just to name a few.
However you decide to serve this Green Chicken Enchilada Casserole it is sure to be a hit!
- 1 Package Farm Rich Avocado Slices
- 1 Store-Bought Whole Roasted Chicken, (deboned, approximately 4 cups chicken meat)
- 6 Large Flour Tortillas, (cut into 2" squares)
- 3 Cups Shredded Colby/Jack Cheese
- 28 ounces Green Enchilada Sauce
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, (softened)
- Prepare Farm Rich Avocado Slices according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix half of the enchilada sauce with cream cheese.
- In a 9x13 pan, pour half of the enchilada sauce on the bottom. Top with half of the tortilla pieces. Gently press down.
- Top tortilla pieces with half of the cream cheese mixture, spread evenly then top with chicken.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture on top of chicken, then half the shredded cheese, remaining tortilla pieces, green enchilada sauce and finally the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with Avocado Slices and bake 5-10 more minutes.
- Serve immediately or let cool for slicing.
This recipe is best when enjoyed fresh. Reheating leftovers tends to make the tortillas gummy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 501Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 83mgSodium 1131mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 22g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.