Your favorite snack just got tastier! This Sweet and Salty Chex Mix Recipe combines all your favorite Chex party mix ingredients with maple glazed nuts for a sweet surprise.
I am proud to be partnering with Glad to bring you this tasty recipe! Speaking of sweet surprises, every now and then it is nice to drop off a little treat to show that you care. This Sweet and Salty Chex Mix Recipe is perfect for those occasions because it is easy to make, lasts several days and everybody loves a good party snack mix! I’m partnering with Glad to inspire community involvement, donations and charity work. Glad believes that communities are built around human connections and giving back to those around you. Donating is the simplest way to help your community and Glad is making it even easier. Visit GladtoGive.com to schedule a free pick-up through Donation Town to a local charity of your choice. I donate a lot of household items, clothing and food. Sometimes it’s nice to think of a different way to show support in the community. I find that the elderly population is often overlooked. That is where this Sweet and Salty Chex Mix Recipe comes back into play. Call around to local retirement homes and senior centers to see if they allow homemade treats. Most importantly, bring the kids! Not only will all the retirees love chatting with the kids, but the lessons and interactions are invaluable to young kids. We packaged up our Chex Mix in Glad Lock containers. Thank goodness we did because moments after I took these photos a CRAZY storm hit with rain, snow and wind! We braved the weather to deliver our treats. And our Chex Party Mix arrived safe and dry. One act of giving inspires another. What are you Glad To Give? Find Glad on Social Media: Glad on Pinterest >> Glad on Instagram Glad on Twitter >> Glad on Facebook Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe: Email ::: Facebook ::: Twitter ::: Pinterest ::: Instagram
- 2 Cups Walnut Halves & Pieces
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- Generous Pinch Sea Salt
- 4 Cups Corn Chex
- 4 Cups Rice Chex
- 2 Cups Rye Bagel Chips, or regular bagel chips
- 2 Cups Tiny Pretzel Twists
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter - melted
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Generously spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick.
- Combine walnuts and maple syrup in large bowl. Toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer walnuts to baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Immediately transfer nuts to parchment or wax paper to cool.
- Preheat oven to 275°F
- In a large bowl, combine Corn Chex, Rice Chex, bagel chips and pretzels. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt. Pour mixture over cereal mixture.
- Now get your hands dirty. Use your hands to gently toss and evenly coat entire mixture.
- Transfer to an ungreased large rimmed baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes while baking.
- Remove from oven and immediately stir in sweet walnuts.
- Let cool then serve or store in an airtight container.