If you need a great dressing for the holidays this Crockpot Stuffing Recipe is it! Celery, onion, butter, cranberries, seasons, French bread and pecans make up this delicious stuffing.
SLOW COOKER HOLIDAY DRESSING
This stuffing cooks right in your slow cooker, leaving the oven free for all of the other holiday dishes. The simple flavors blend together while slowly cooking in your crockpot.
- Substitute the french bread for croissants, brioche or even cornbread.
- Substitute your favorite flavor of box stuffing for the sage flavor.
- Substitute walnuts instead of pecans if you like.
- Add browned sausage to the stuffing if you like meaty stuffing.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH STUFFING:
- 3 celery ribs, chopped or sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 6 cups torn french bread
- 1 (6 ounce) box sage stuffing mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat combine celery, onion and butter. Cook for 4-6 minutes until the veggies just start to soften.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, poultry seasoning, pepper and broth. Whisk together.
- Next add the bread and box of stuffing. Then add the pecans and cranberries.
- Stir everything together and make sure all the bread has soaked up the liquid. Transfer stuffing mixture to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Reduce heat and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 39mgSodium 291mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 13gProtein 5g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.