This CHRISTMAS CAPRESE APPETIZER is a super easy and festive way to serve mozzarella, tomato and basil at your holiday feasts and parties.
Caprese is a combination of fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil and sometimes a drizzle of balsamic. When arranged in the candy cane shape it is the perfect appetizer to serve around the holidays.
MORE FESTIVE APPETIZERS:
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (about 10 slices)
- 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- ½ tsp basil, dried (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar glaze for drizzling
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Small bagel crisps/chips or bread for serving
- Carefully slice tomatoes into about ¼” thick slices.
- Create similar size slices as well with the fresh mozzarella if not pre-sliced.
- On a cutting board of your choice, layer your tomatoes and mozzarella slices one after another into the shape of a candy cane.
- Lightly sprinkle dried basil over the entire candy cane (optional).
- Fill two small bowls with balsamic vinegar and crisps/bread.
- Use the fresh basil to garnish your board, then set your small bowls on the board as well, towards the bottom of the candy cane.
The balsamic glaze can be drizzled over the candy cane prior to serving or set aside as an option to drizzle on individual servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 238Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 45mgSodium 403mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 14g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.