For a flavorful side dish make this Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe. A tasty blend of pasta, tomatoes, onion, basil, cheese and a simple dressing.
Tomato Mozzarella Basil Pasta Salad
A fresh summertime pasta salad that goes well with just about any meal. Fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil shine in this versatile side dish.
Use your preferred type of tomato.
Any pasta will work for this pasta salad.
Larger pasta pearls work too, whole or halved.
Instead of a balsamic based dressing, make HOMEMADE ITALIAN DRESSING.
IS CAPRESE SALAD HEALTHY?
Yeah, as healthy as pasta salad can be. This salad is filled with fresh ingredients and flavors.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CAPRESE PASTA SALAD:
MORE CAPRESE FLAVORED RECIPES:
- 16 ounces Orecchiette Pasta
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Small Red Onion, diced
- ½ cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 package (8oz) Mozzarella Pearls
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions (slightly al dente). Allow to cool.
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, basil, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella pearls in a large salad bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic powder. Pour over pasta salad then toss until evenly coated.
- Season to taste.
- Serve cold. (You can let the salad sit in the fridge for 1 hour before serving, this will allow the flavors to develop)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 218Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 2mgSodium 133mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 7g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.