Enjoy a healthy bowl full of Winter fruits and vegetables. This Butternut Squash Salad has roasted butternut squash, brussels sprouts, pecans, mandarin oranges and pomegranate seeds. Add the balsamic dressing and you have the ultimate nutritious, flavorful side dish! This is a Vegan, Paleo recipe with Whole30 options.
This Butternut Squash Salad recipe screams Fall and Winter. The roasted butternut squash, brussels sprouts and pecans bring a deep earthiness. While the pomegranate and mandarins contrast with a fresh sweetness. The balsamic dressing gives this salad a bit of tanginess. If you are looking for a vegetable side dish that will be a hit with the family, this is it! The sweet, tangy, savory flavors in this colorful roasted vegetable salad will liven up any meal. Honestly, this is almost a meal in and of itself. Toss a protein in there and you are good to go!
Tips → Tricks → Suggestions →
- This dish is best when served and eaten immediately. It can be reheated, but the squash and sprouts will get a little soft.
- If vegan isn’t an issue, salty bacon pieces would be a great addition to this roasted veggie salad.
- Hate brussels sprouts? Leave them out and just roast more butternut squash instead.
- Omit the maple syrup in the dressing and this is Whole30 compliant and still delicious.
- I totally “cheat” and buy pre-cut squash and pomegranate seeds in a ready-to-go container. Save yourself some time!
More Healthy Side Dish Recipes. . .
Oven Roasted Carrots (W30, Paleo)
Bacon Garlic Green Beans by 40 Aprons
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes by Stupid Easy Paleo
Brussels Sprouts with Apples & Bacon by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Italian Roasted Vegetable Medley by Paleo Leap
Garlic Mashed Potatoes (W30, DF, Vegan)
This Roasted Butternut Squash Salad is a Winter Rainbow! It will nourish your family and give you that Winter glow.
- 32 ounces Cubed Butternut Squash, (approx 3/4" thick)
- 16 ounces Brussels Sprouts, (trimmed & halved)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1 Cup Raw Pecans
- 4-5 Mandarin Oranges, (peeled & Segmented)
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup, (omit for Whole30 compliant)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Toss squash and brussels sprouts in oil. Transfer to lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until browned and tender (gently flip once while roasting). Add the pecans during the last 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool then stir in oranges and pomegranate seeds.
- Toss with dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all dressing ingredients. Whisk until fully combined.