These Slow Cooker Meatballs are perfect for holidays, parties or game-day. Simple crockpot meatballs slathered in a slightly sweet bbq sauce for a flavorful dinner or appetizer.
CROCKPOT JELLY MEATBALLS
Meatballs are always a favorite at my house. These crockpot meatballs are great for parties and holidays because you can prep them ahead and just let the slow cooker do its job while you focus on other things.
The sauce on these is a combination of bbq and blueberry jam. Feel free to use your favorite jam flavor, grape jelly bbq sauce is always a hit!
- Pork rind breadcrumbs can be used in place of regular breadcrumbs. Using the pork rind breadcrumbs would be a gluten free option.
- Use all beef or all pork in this recipe if desired.
- For a different flavor, try a different preserve or jam in place of the blueberry preserves. Raspberry, grape or even jalapeño jam for a spicy version.
- The meatballs can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator before cooking.
- Leftover meatballs can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
DO YOU HAVE TO BROWN MEATBALLS BEFORE SLOW COOKING?
It is not absolutely necessary, but it does seal in the juices and help the meatballs to retain their shape. Unseared meatballs are more likely to fall apart in the crockpot. Skip the searing step if preferred.
MORE FAVORITE APPETIZER RECIPES:
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- ½ Cup Blueberry Preserves
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1lb Ground Pork
- 3 Tbsp BBQ Seasoning (optional)
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Traditional Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Green Onion for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the BBQ sauce and the blueberry preserves and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, BBQ seasoning, parmesan cheese, diced onion, egg, milk and breadcrumbs. Mix using a wooden spoon or hands.
- Roll the meatball mixture into 2.5oz balls and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Brown the meatballs on each side, about 1 minute per side. Do not cook all the way through.
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add the meatballs and half of the BBQ sauce mixture. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- When done, remove the meatballs from the slow cooker using tongs and discard the leftover cooking liquid. Coat the meatballs with the rest of the BBQ sauce mixture and serve. Garnish with sliced green onion if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 378Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 90mgSodium 518mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 24g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.