These Dairy Free Garlic Mashed Potatoes don’t need no stinkin’ milk and butter to be great! Roasted garlic and parsley make these Whole30 Mashed Potatoes extra yummy! Use vegetable stock for Vegan Mashed Potatoes. A great side dish if you are on a special diet or not.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes – Vegetable Broth
Okay so, even I was skeptical about mashed potatoes made without milk and butter. I like my mashed potatoes the same way I like my coffee. . . super creamy! But, these Dairy Free Garlic Mashed Potatoes are awesome! I didn’t feel like it was a sacrifice to eat these potatoes.
What Can You Use In Place Of Milk For Mashed Potatoes
Instead of milk these Dairy Free Garlic Mashed Potatoes are made with chicken or veggie stock. It thins the potatoes while adding great flavor as well. Speaking of flavor, roasted garlic and fresh parsley make sure these potatoes are not bland and boring.
If you have never roasted garlic Click Here to check out a tutorial.
Here are a few more Whole30 recipes for your feast. . .
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast – Stuffed Cabbage – Italian Vegetable Beef Soup – Cilantro Lime Spicy Baked Shrimp – Mini Hasselback Roasted Potatoes – Cauliflower Mushroom Rice – Butternut Squash Salad – Roasted Broccolini – Oven Roasted Potatoes – Shaved Asparagus Salad
More Potato Recipes:
- 3 Lbs Russet Potatoes, (peeled, cubed)
- 1 Head of Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock*, (approximately)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Ghee, (optional)
- Place (peeled,cubed) potatoes in large pot and fully cover with water. Bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork. Time will vary depending on size of potatoes. Drain potatoes and transfer to large bowl.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper. Add stock 1/4 cup at a time mixing in between additions with hand mixer. Continue to add stock until desired consistency (approximately 1 cup total). Mix in parsley.
- Taste then salt/pepper as needed. Top with fresh parsley and ghee. Serve.
*If using vegetable stock, be sure it is the golden color stock and not red. Otherwise the mashed potatoes will have an interesting color.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size g
Amount Per Serving Calories 292Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 27mgSodium 337mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 12g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!