Grill Season Is Here! Homemade Barbecue Sauce is a great way to get creative with your grill recipes. This unique Sweet and Sour Barbecue Sauce Recipe requires only 4 ingredients!
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
To make an interesting barbecue sauce, I used Musselman’s Apple Butter and the flavors of Sweet and Sour Sauce.
I received a Musselman’s Apple Butter kit that included a Wilton Armetale grill pan.
This sauce is sweet, tangy and bursting with flavor! Just mix 4 simple ingredients and slather it on meat or vegetables.
I decided to get my grill on with mushrooms and chops. But, feel free to use your favorite vegetables and protein. This sauce will be fantastic on chicken too!
The Wilton Armetale Fish Griller pan was perfect for grilling my Sweet and Sour Barbecue Mushrooms. The mushrooms were infused with all that great smoky flavor while the pork chops did their thing on the grill.
Like I said, slather on that sauce!
Truthfully, I am not a grill master. I am much more comfortable in the kitchen. I decided that I will be working on my grill skills this summer.
Is there anything better than the smell of barbecue on a hot summer day with the distant rig-a-ling of the ice cream truck a few streets over? Nope.
- 1/2 Cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- 1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Ultafine Sugar
Chops & Shrooms
- 3 Center Cut Pork Chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 24 ounces Crimini Mushrooms - halved
- Mix all ingredients together until fully incorporated.
- Makes approximately 1¼ cup sauce.
Chops & Shrooms
- Prep and heat grill/barbeque.
- Coat mushrooms with 3/4 cup barbecue sauce. Transfer to greased grill pan. Place grill pan on prepped grill (on indirect heat) with top closed. Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Evenly coat pork chops with olive oil, salt and pepper. After mushrooms have been cooking for 15 minutes, place chops directly onto grill. Heat for 3-5 minutes. Flip, slather on barbecue sauce and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Once pork chops are cooked through, remove chops and shrooms from grill. Serve.
**Sub your favorite protein and vegetables for the pork chops and mushrooms. Cooking time varies depending on cut of meat, type of vegetable and temperature of grill.**
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 422Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 99mgSodium 664mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 25gProtein 35g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.