These CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE BARS are an easy dessert for holidays and parties. Oreo crust filled with cheesecake, sugared apples, crumble topping and drizzled with caramel.
CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE BARS
These cheesecake bars are a wonderfully simple dessert. Starting with a golden Oreo crust, then the cheesecake layer. Topped with sweet apples, a crumble topping and caramel drizzle. Sure to be a new family favorite!
- Use graham crackers for a graham cracker crust.
- Any firm apple variety will work for the apple topping.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
- 1 cup finely crushed golden Oreos
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 16oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- APPLE LAYER:
- 1 large green apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix together the golden Oreo crumbs, butter and brown sugar until combined.
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of your greased baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- Beat creamy cheese until smooth with an electric mixer. Mix in the granulated sugar.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture until combined.
- Mix in the sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour the filling into the baking dish over the cooled crust.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the diced apples, flour, sugar and cinnamon until evenly coated. Sprinkle the apples over the cheesecake filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crumble ingredients until well combined and sand-like texture.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top of the apples.
- Bake the dish in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the topping is a light golden brown and the filling is cooked through and set.
- Allow the cheesecake bars to cool for 20 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. When ready to serve, slice and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Do not store at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 624Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 127mgSodium 395mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 3gSugar 50gProtein 8g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.