BAKED GROUND BEEF BURRITOS are a great weeknight dinner. Beef, spices and cream cheese tucked into tortillas then topped with cheese. Easy to make as green or red enchiladas.
BEEF AND CHEESE BURRITOS
These burritos come together super quick and easy. Make and serve as is for a hot, creamy, melty burrito. Or, top with red or green enchilada sauce for a wet burrito.
- Ground chicken can be used in place of the ground beef.
- Use your preferred salsa: mild, medium or hot.
- For added flavor, serve topped with heated red or green enchilada sauce.
MORE EASY MEXICAN INSPIRED RECIPES:
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- ½ Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 (8oz) Block Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Salsa, divided
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 6 Large Flour Tortillas
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat sauté onions and beef until beef is cooked through. Drain excess grease.
- Add cream cheese, 1 cup salsa, and taco seasoning to skillet and stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Grease bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill each tortilla with about ½ cup of meat mixture, roll tortillas up, and place in baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine remaining salsa and sour cream. Spoon mixture evenly over filled tortillas. Top with Mexican blend cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Serve hot, garnish with cilantro if desired.
Serve topped with heated red or green enchilada sauce for a wet burrito.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 634Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 130mgSodium 1408mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 36g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.