These COCONUT MACAROONS are a sweet, chewy and easy cookie recipe. 6 ingredients and about 20 minutes to make these coconut cookies.
These cookies have been a family favorite at my house for years. If you like coconut you will surely love these cookies. The chocolate drizzle takes these macaroons from delicious to decadent.
- You can use any kind of chocolate chips with this recipe. I like to use semi-sweet chips, but you can use milk or dark chocolate depending on how rich or sweet you want your cookies. You can also dip the bottoms of the cookies into the chocolate instead of the drizzle.
- You can use either sweetened or unsweetened coconut flakes. Because there is added sugar in the cookies, there is not much of a flavor difference between the two types of coconut flakes. It just depends how sweet you prefer your cookies.
MORE RECIPES WITH COCONUT:
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together everything but the chocolate chips. Stir the mixture thoroughly to ensure no clumps of dry ingredients remain.
- Form 1 tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave then drizzle over the top of the macaroons or dip the bottoms of the cookies into chocolate and transfer to parchment paper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 31mgSodium 53mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.