This Mangonada Recipe is the perfect refreshing drink for the warm months. A sweet spicy traditional Mexican blended mango drink bursting with flavor!
MEXICAN MANGO DRINK
A Mangonada or Chamoyada is a sweet and spicy blended mango drink, think smoothie but with 10x the flavor!
Sweet fruity mango, tart spicy chamoy and spicy tamarind straws make this beverage unforgettable.
WHAT IS CHAMOY?
Chamoy is a Mexican condiment that is salty, sweet, sour, and spiced with chilis. It can be found in the Hispanic foods area of your grocery store or purchase online.
WHERE TO FIND MANGO NECTAR AND TAMARIND STRAWS:
Mango nectar can be found in the juice aisle. It is usually in a carton container.
Tamarin straws might be available in your hispanic foods aisle. Or purchase online (links in recipe card below).
WHAT TO EAT WITH THESE CHAMOYADAS:
- 16 oz. Frozen mango
- 12 oz. Mango nectar
- 1 Cup Ice
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp Chamoy sauce
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp tajin seasoning
- Tamarind candy sticks (tamarind straws)
- Combine frozen mango, mango nectar, ice, lime juice and sugar in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Dip the rims of your glasses in the Chamoy sauce and then in the tajin seasoning to create a spiced rim on your glass.
- Drip some of the Chamoy sauce on the sides of the inside of the glass.
- Pour the blended mango into the glasses and serve with a tamarind straw. You can also use slices of mango or lime to garnish the glass.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3151mgCarbohydrates 95gFiber 8gSugar 82gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.