Dairy Free Rice Pudding is easy to make and tastes unbelievable! Just use Coconutmilk to make this indulgent vegan dessert.
Vegan Rice Pudding
Rice pudding needs to be thick, sweet and creamy. This can be done without using cream or milk.
I use Silk Coconutmilk. This Dairy Free Rice Pudding is creamy with a mild coconut flavor. It is also a vegan recipe!
Silk Coconutmilk is one of my favorite ingredients. You can always find a carton in my refrigerator. I love to use Silk instead of regular milk to create healthier, dairy free versions of my family’s favorite recipes.
I infused this rice pudding with fresh mint flavor. It would also be fantastic with vanilla or cinnamon instead.
The mint and fresh raspberries, along with the mild coconut flavor was a nice change from traditional rice pudding.
This Dairy Free Rice Pudding is super simple to make. It’s as easy as . . . well, cooking rice.
Just cook white rice in Silk Coconutmilk. Add a couple mint leaves while cooking to infuse the unique flavor.
Continue to cook and thicken. Add more Silk Coconutmilk as needed.
Then dress it up however you like!
I decided to top my rice pudding with fresh mint and raspberries.
- 3 Cups Original Silk Coconutmilk
- 1 Cup Uncooked Long Grain White Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Ultrafine Sugar
- 2-3 Fresh Mint Leaves, optional
- Fresh Raspberries
- Fresh Mint
- Combine all rice pudding ingredients in a 3 quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to meduim/low. Remove mint leaves.
- Simmer 15-18 minutes or until rice pudding is soft and thickened. *stir regularly to prevent sticking*
- Add more coconut milk if rice is not soft. Continue to cook until rice is cooked through.
- Stir continuously the last 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve warm or cold. Top with raspberries and mint.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container
Yields 4 Cups
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 105Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 268mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 1g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.