This Vegetarian Antipasto Salad Recipe is a great appetizer idea for holidays and parties. A vegetarian appetizer or side dish that everyone will love!
It is always a good idea to have a few vegetarian offerings at holidays, parties and potlucks. This salad has all the fantastic flavors of antipasto without the meat. This antipasto salad recipe includes thick roasted mushrooms to add that ‘meaty-ness’.
Omit or add any of your favorite antipasto ingredients. Or, make a large batch then split it adding salami to one bowl. That way you will have traditional and vegetarian antipasto salad.
WHAT IS IN ANTIPASTO SALAD?
Traditionally it includes assorted cured meats, cheeses, and marinated vegetables. This version is vegetarian so we are leaving the meat out and adding roasted mushrooms.
MORE VEGETARIAN APPETIZERS:
- 1/2 Lb Cremini Mushrooms - stems removed
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 10 ounces Grape Tomatoes - halved
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Peperoncini
- 1/2 Cup Green and/or Black Olives - sliced
- 1 Cup Chopped Marinated Artichokes
- 10 ounces Fresh Marinated Mozzarella Balls (approx 30 balls)
- Handful Fresh Parsley - chopped
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Garlic Clove - grated
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Toss mushrooms in oil then spread in a even layer on a greased rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes. Let cool then slice thick.
- Combine mushrooms, tomatoes, peperoncini, olives, artichokes, mozzarella and parsley in large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad. Toss until evenly coated. Serve.
If not serving immediately do not add mozzarella. Add cheese just before serving.
Refrigerate until serving. Allow salad to sit at room temp for 10-15 minutes before serving then toss.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 213Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 28mgSodium 415mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 10g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.