Oreo Hot Chocolate is the perfect Fall or Winter treat! This indulgent hot cocoa recipe begins and ends with OREO Cookies. So you know it’s good!
I am dreaming about hot cocoa weather. I want it so bad! A couple weeks ago we had an unusual storm pass through Northern California. I had one whole dreary, rainy day. It Was Glorious!
I am eagerly awaiting the return of chilly weather. I will cozy up in a soft sweater, make hearty soups and sip on hot beverages like this OREO Hot Chocolate.
I can hardly wait! It has been a brutal California summer of extreme temps, drought and fires. We Need Rain!!!… and Hot Chocolate. Sheesh!
Okay, I’m done. Apologies for my rant. I think my brain may have fried like an egg this summer.
But seriously . . . Cheers to Fall weather!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 4 Cups Whole Milk - divided
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 Regular Oreos
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch, optional
- Blend 1 cup milk, sweetened condensed milk, Oreos, cocoa and cornstarch until smooth.
- In 3 quart saucepan over medium/low. heat remaining 3 cups milk until just barely steaming. (8-10 minutes) Whisking occasionally.
- Add chocolate Oreo mixture and continue to heat while whisking for 5-10 more minutes. Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat. Serve topped with whipped cream and Oreo Cookie crumbles.