Just try this Green Chile Cheeseburger Recipe and you will never look at a plain burger the same. A juicy burger topped with Kraft Pepper Jack Cheese and a whole Green Chile, grilled to perfection!
Grilled cheeseburgers are a regular on my summertime menu. Nothing beats the smell of burgers on the barbeque!
And, melty cheese is absolutely necessary! I used Kraft Pepper Jack cheese slices to compliment the green chile flavor.
This Green Chile Cheeseburger Recipe is a dish I used to make way back when I worked in a bar and grill at a fishing resort. That was my jack of all trades job. I was the bartender, waitress, cook, bouncer, cashier and busboy! I sure don’t miss that job. But I do miss the tasty food!
This Green Chile Cheeseburger was the most popular menu item. For good reason . . . it is Amazing!
This cheeseburger is not complicated. It doesn’t need to be.
A juicy burger, toasted bun, melted Kraft Pepper Jack Cheese, grilled whole green chile and a generous dollop of Kraft Mayo.
That’s it. Simple, delicious and uncomplicated.
Be sure to check out the Blippar app before you go shopping for burger fixins at Walmart. It’s Free!
The Blippar app allows you to scan (or blip) Kraft cheese products with your smartphone. Then you can get information, recipes and loyalty points!
Have I mentioned that I am working on my grill skills!?!
I never claimed to be a grill master. Can you say Flame Broiled!!!
Don’t worry, I didn’t burn down the neighborhood or anything.
See, we got the flames under control.
Back to the Green Chile Cheeseburger Recipe. Buns, burgers and chiles on the grill.
Tada! That is one beautiful burger! Now dig in.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 2 lbs Ground Beef, 73/27% or 80/20%
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Hot Sauce, optional
Green Chile Cheeseburgers
- 4-6 Slices Kraft Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Can Whole Green Chiles, slice down one side so chile lies flat
- 4-6 Hamburger Buns
- Kraft Mayo
- Combine all ingredients. Do not over mix or the burger can become tough.
- Shape into patties about 1 inch wider than the hamburger buns. (will make 4-6 patties depending on size)
- Create an indentation in the middle of each patty so they remain flat while cooking.
- Sprinkle patties with salt and pepper.
Green Chile Cheeseburgers
- Prepare grill/barbeque to high heat.
- Grill burger patties for 3-5 minutes, until brown and slightly charred on one side. Do not press down on patties.
- Flip patties and cook for 3-5 minutes or until desired doneness. During the last minute, top patties with cheese. Place buns and whole green chiles on grill. Flip chiles once.
- Slather a generous amount of Kraft Mayo on both sides of bun. Add a cheesebuger and grilled green chile.