This Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe is a quick, easy dinner idea. Juicy meatballs in a flavorful sauce baked in the oven.
Beef Meatballs In Oven
These oven baked beef meatballs are a guaranteed family favorite. Most everybody loves a good meatball, add that to a tangy sweet and sour sauce for the perfect dinner to feed a hungry family.
These meatballs are fantastic served over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes. Make a veggie side dish and dinner is served!
GROUND BEEF OPTIONS:
- You can use a higher fat ground beef, instead of covering and baking with the sauce, bake for 25 minutes, uncovered. Drain off the fat in the pan, and then add the sauce over the meatballs. Bake for another 20 – 30 minutes.
- For healthier meatballs, use ground turkey or chicken.
- Instead of oatmeal, you can use fine breadcrumbs.
TIPS FOR MAKING MEATBALLS:
- Be sure to make meatballs small to ensure they fully cook through.
- It’s best to mix the meatballs by hand.
- If you want your meatballs to look more browned when finished, remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
MEATBALLS STORAGE AND REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS:
Store meatballs in an airtight container, use within 3-4 days.
Reheat meatballs by covering and baking in the oven at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. They can also be microwaved for 60-90 seconds to reheat.
MORE MEATBALL RECIPES:
- ½ pound lean ground beef, 90% - 96% lean
- ¼ cup oatmeal (quick oats)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced onion flakes (or ¼ cup chopped fresh onion)
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup (or barbecue sauce)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon prepared spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a casserole pan or glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, oats, egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, onion, salt and pepper. Shape into small meatballs (1 - 1 ½ inches). Place in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and vinegar. Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink inside.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.
This recipe acn be doubled or tripled to prepare additional servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 98mgSodium 260mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 0gSugar 27gProtein 19g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.